Derby - SOC
Capgemini have an exciting opportunity for a Security Engineer to join their expanding team at our Security Operations Centre in Derby!
The role sits within the SET function of the Security team and is focused in three main areas for Security Engineering and Operational activity:
- Projects - Delivering new tools and or upgrading\refreshing existing applications.
- Run Activity - Monitoring and acting as required on the health of various Security tools.
- Incident Response - responding with appropriate actions as required if the SOC alerts of an incident.
Summary of Role
The Security Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of client IT infrastructures.
- Maintaining green lights on all Security Toolkit Infrastructure within the SET remit
- Supporting various toolsets including SIEM, IDPS, GVM and Malware Protection.
- Record and respond to health alerts from the Security Infrastructure the SET maintain.
- Tuning and policy enablement, features and enhancements as required in response to Security Incidents and general enhancements requested by the client.
- Troubleshooting potential impact of security tooling on business applications as required.
- Assignment to specific project activity to deliver new features or Security Tools.
- Response to and following of core IT Service Management Principles.
Key Qualifications, Skills & Experience for Role
- Experience of Engineering and operating Security Toolsets in large and complex environments.
- Strong understanding of security threats and compromise methods.
- Understanding of server, client and network technologies.
- Experience working in an IT outsource environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Client engagement skills, time management, expectation management etc
- Aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to keep calm and perform under pressurised situations.
- Experience of balancing security risk versus specific business\client requirements.
Please APPLY TODAY and a member of our friendly recruitment team will get in touch to discuss this role in more detail.