FP & A Analyst
6 Months Temporary
£300 - £350 Day Rate
We are currently seeking a FP&A Analyst for our Client AkzoNobel based in Altrincham. Our client is more than just the largest global paints and Coatings Company and major producer of speciality chemicals, a business recognised around the world for being first with ideas and driving improvement.
You will manage and lead the business in all things FP&A and output for the European Stores business including delivery of the budget process, monthly IBP forecasting, providing insight into financial results and forecasted performance to cost centre owners and business partnering the FD.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate, timely and relevant financial analysis to the stores business focusing on volume, sales, margin, fixed costs, EBITDA, OWC plus the DDC Exec BSC
- Deliver the monthly IBP forecast through finance channels, ensuring relevant inputs are obtained from non-finance teams on time
- Ensure the FD has full visibility of historical Financial Performance and projected performance on a 24 month rolling basis plus supporting information.
- Delivery of corporate reporting requirements such as Rolling Forecast, ½ year reporting, EMEA stores reporting etc and ensuring the systems and processes across the UK finance team are optimized
- Deliver internal reporting for the stores business enabling cost and profit centre owners to manage the business' cost base (eg stores sales, trading accounts, HO fixed cost reports, stores BSC)
- To provide financial insight in key presentations in order to improve the quality of understanding and decision making in the business
- Key pillar at the Stores Controllers/ Stores Pools (COE) ensuring sharing of best practice and a unified way forward on all aspects of FP&A
- Deliver against the stores FP&A hub approach across multiple stores sites driving standardization, optimization and continuous improvement to aid the commercial performance delivery
- Build high quality relationships with key members of the Stores and COE Management Team
- Build a highly effective DDC FP&A team delivering, developing and improving whilst ensuring a strong balance across the team
- Continue to support the development of AX, SAP BI and COGNOS systems.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in Accounting environment
- Strong understanding of the Commercial aspects of the DDC business.
- Strong analytical skills, including data manipulation in systems (SAP BI/ BO, Excel)
- Confident and professional demeanor;
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Able to provide insightful reporting and to communicate complex issues clearly to finance and non-finance people
- Demonstrates constructive coaching techniques
- Able to delegate effectively to manage conflicting priorities
- Understands customer needs, culture and how to get things done
- Relates to people and is confident to converse with people in all functions and all levels in the business
- Understands budgeting / forecasting processes and principles and has delivered for area of responsibility
- Can present financial data clearly & accurately to non-finance people
- Recognised as being reliable and able to complete assignments on time in full