Leicestershire Police are recruiting for an Audio Typist on a temporary basis at Mansfield House Police station.
Responsibilities: - Listen to and analyse digitally recorded interviews and produce summaries of those interviews, some of which can be of a sensitive and distressing nature, recording key areas of admissions, denial, and mitigating and aggravating factors, which will properly reflect the interview as a whole, giving a balanced and accurate account
- To evaluate appropriate case documentation, giving consideration to charge information, the case summary and evidential information provided, in order to evaluate which extracts of the interview are relevant for inclusion and omitting non-evidential in the final summary of the interview.
- On evaluating the aforementioned information, make decisions with regard to where to include verbal and summary text, paying due regard to areas where verbal account is vital, in order to provide a balanced, accurate and reliable summary.
Skills and Experience - - Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language or work experience using English Language to that standard.
- Demonstrate your ability to type to a speed of 40-60 wpm. To be tested at interview.
- Experience of listening to different voices/accents so very high standard of listening skills.
- To have experience of MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel applications.
If you are interested in working for the Police and have relevant experience to the role, please apply. Please be aware the successful applicant will be required to go through the Police vetting process which can take approx 4-6 weeks at present.